Welcome to the
IEEE Philadelphia Consultants Network
The mission of the IEEE Philadelphia Consultants Network (CONET) is to improve our technical consulting businesses by sharing and expanding our technical knowledge and our business capabilities.
Most of us are electrical, electronics, or computer experts who are, or who aspire to be, independent consultants. CONET is one of many consultants networks which are affiliated with the IEEE - in our case through the IEEE Philadelphia Section and the Lehigh Valley Section.
Members consist of those individuals who pay the Annual Fee for Service. Members thus become listed in the Directory of Consultants at www.PhilaCONET.com.
Members attend CONET meetings at no charge.
Prospective clients find our members through the Directory of Consultants.
Meeting topics and speakers are selected to appeal to a variety of technical professionals. CONET meetings are typically held in March, May, August, October, and December. Recent meetings have dealt with:
- Accounting and tax issues for the consultant
- Presenting yourself professionally to your clients
- Hints and kinks for doing electronic work in the field
- How to interpret consulting contract documents
- Networking with your peers for fun and profit
- Web site design issues for consultants
See the Meetings page for details of past meetings.
Coming meetings are announced on the website